History of Philae Temple
The war years of 1914-1918 followed by the depression of the 1930’s kept membership at a low ebb, dropping in the 1940 to 306 from 600 in the early 1920’s. However the Nobles continued to raise money for philanthropic work regardless of their low membership. During this period the “Distressed Shriners” Fund was instituted and remains in place to this day.
In 1943 records indicate the first joint Ceremonial took place with Cresent Temple from New Jersey bringing its Nobility and its renowned Brass Band which still enjoys undisputed popularity. This band preformed at a concert in the Public Gardens. Other joint ceremonials followed with Luxor Temple on several occasions, and with Anah Temple in 1954.